For the Beef Brisket
- 12-15 lb Beef Brisket
- 1/8 cup salt plus more if need be
- 1/8 cup pepper plus more if need be
- 2 tbsp coriander seed crushed
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
Calories: 477kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 63gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1026mgPotassium: 1045mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 392IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 6mg
For the brisket
- You need the trim the brisket to have about an 1/8 inch-1/4 layer of fat on the top side. On the bottom side trim away any excess fat. Then place the coriander seed in a spice grinder and pulse for 10 seconds. Mix the coriander with pepper, and cajun seasoning. Then season heavily all of the snake river farms brisket with salt and then with the spice mixture on both sides of the brisket.
How to smoke beef brisket
- Bring your big green egg or smoker up to 250 degrees. Place the brisket on the smoker and smoker your brisket for roughly 8-10 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. At this point it is a great idea to wrap your briskets in butchers paper or parchment paper and place the brisket back on the smoker. You want the brisket to cook until the internal temperature hits about 190 degrees. At this point you can just hold your meat in your oven to 150 degrees until you are ready to slice the brisket. You want to wait until the last minute to cut the meat that way it doesn’t dry out. Slice the brisket, serve and enjoy!
WHEN YOU COOK AND TAKE A PICTURE, TAG POST #SALTVANILLA