Red Curry Sauce
- 1/4 cup ginger sliced (1 finger)
- 1 stalk lemongrass sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 pc star anise
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 3 whole kaffir lime leaves if you have them
- 2 whole red peppers
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4 oz red curry paste
- 2 1/2 oz palm sugar or granulated
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup each thai basil, mint, cilantro leaves
- 4 whole white sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Pickled Myoga Ginger
- 6 each myoga ginger cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup black garlic mayo
- 1/2 cup wild rice (fried) see instructions below
- 1/4 cup micro cilantro
Calories: 476kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 6gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 25gSodium: 942mgPotassium: 447mgFiber: 3gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 3657IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 6mg
How to make Thai red curry sauce
- In small sauce pot on medium heat add sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cinnamon stick, red pepper, star anise and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes without browning. Then add sugar and red curry paste and cook for 1 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Then add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat, add fish sauce and your herbs to steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, keep warm until ready to use. You might need to adjust the seasoning with a pinch of salt.
How to roast sweet potatoes
- Take sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place the sweet potatoes in a roasting and place in the oven. Cook sweet potatoes for about an hour or until tender. Take out and let them rest.
How to pickle myoga ginger
- Place vinegar, salt, and sugar into a pot. Bring to a boil, place sliced myoga in a heat proof bowl. Pour the hot vinegar over the ginger. Cover and allow to come to room temp.
How to make puffed wild rice
- Place 2 cups of grapeseed oil in a pot for frying. Bring to 350 degrees. Then take 1/4 cup of wild rice and place in the fryer. Place a lid on top of the pot for 3 seconds just incase the rice has any moisture. Take the lid off, the wild rice should have puffed up and should be lightly brown. Strain off the wild rice and season with salt. Set aside until ready to use. Repeat the step again with the rest of the rice.
- Simply take the sweet potato and cut it into 1 inch thick pieces. Place it in the bottom of the bowl. Add some hot red curry sauce around the sweet potato. Take the black garlic mayo and place dots of the sauce around the bowl. Add the fried wild rice on top along with myoga, and cilantro sprigs. Serve and enjoy this sweet and spicy vegetarian dish!
WHEN YOU COOK AND TAKE A PICTURE, TAG POST #SALTVANILLA