- 2 lb beef filet cut into 6 4oz pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 leaves of huacatay
- 3 poblanos peeled and deseeded
- 2 jalapeños roasted, peeled and deseeded
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 10 white crackers
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup veganaise (mayonnaise)
- 2 cups huacatay leaves (1 large bunch)
- salt to taste
Sweet Potato Puree
- 2 large white sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 small artichokes
- 4 baby red beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup micro beets and chervil
Calories: 679kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 40gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 508mgPotassium: 1636mgFiber: 10gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 16582IUVitamin C: 89mgCalcium: 334mgIron: 7mg
For the Beef
- Set sous vide machine to 133 degreesPlace the beef in a cryovac bag along with huacatay, garlic, and butter. Seal the bag air tight and place in the water bath. Cook for 25 minutes and then take out of the water bath and set aside.
For the Artichokes
- Take the artichokes and pull off the outer tough leaves (wearing gloves helps you not to get pricked). Then take a paring knife, cut off the tops and trim the bottoms of the green outer skin trying to keep the stem intact. Trim the stems as well of all the green tough skin. Immediately take one half of a lemon and wipe the artichoke all over to stop the oxidation process. Place in a bowl of water with 2 cups of water and 1 lemon juiced. Continue until you have all the artichokes peeled. Then in a pot on medium low heat add olive oil and artichokes. Cook for 1-2 minutes without browning then add the wine and water and the rest of the vegetables. Take your parchment paper and cut a square. Then fold it over in half and then in half again. Then fold it diagonally into a triangle. Then fold two more times continuing the triangle. Then cut the point of the triangle off and cut around the outer edge to fit the size of the pot. Open the paper up (This is called a Cartouche), the paper should be a round circle that fits inside the pot with a whole in the middle of the paper. This is basically a lid for the artichokes to keep them submerged under the water. Bring the pot up to a slowly to up to much to temperature where the water is just barely bubbling. Cook the artichokes until they are just tender all the way through. Test the artichoke with a cake tester to check the doneness. Take off the heat and let the artichokes cool to room temp.
For the Beets
- Simply wash them and place them in a pot with salt and water. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook for roughly 45 minutes or until tender. Peel and set aside.
For the Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425 degreesIn a bowl toss all three colored cauliflower with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Then take the pan out of the oven and set aside.
For the Sweet Potato Puree
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and place in a pot. Fill with water and add salt. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook until all the sweet potatoes are tender. Strain off all the water completely, then add butter, cumin, and salt to adjust the seasoning. Puree until smooth either with a food processor or hand blender. Keep warm and set aside.
For the Huacatay Sauce
- Place huacatay leaves, roasted chiles, evaporated milk, into a vitamix. Puree until smooth and then add crackers, cheese, and veganaise. Season with salt and puree until smooth and a little thick. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and place into a squirt bottle.
- Take the beef out of the bag and season with salt and pepper. In a hot sauté pan add little olive oil and sear the steaks for 1 1/2 on each side then take out and rest the meat. Add the sweet potato puree to the plate. Then add dots of huacatay sauce all over. Add the vegetables to the plate. Slice the meat and finish the meat with sea salt. Garnish with micro beet and chervil. Serve and Enjoy!