For the Sea Bass
- 1 lb sea bass cut into 4 oz pieces
- 1/4 cup grapes halved
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lemon for juice
- 1/3 cup pumpernickel toasted croutons
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 whole red radishes julienne1
- 1 whole apple opal, fuji etc..
- 1/3 cup celery small diced and the leaves from the hearts
- 1 cup cucumber small diced
- 2 tbsp mint (add dill, green onion if desired)
- 1 whole lemon juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
Calories: 446kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 33gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1198mgPotassium: 818mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 252IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 5mg
How to cook to quinoa
- In a pot add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil with 1 tsp of salt. Add 1 cup of dry quinoa once it comes to a boil. Cover and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes and then turn off the heat. Allow to steam for 1 minute and then take pour out onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread thin to cool fast. Once cooled take your cooked quinoa and place in a large salad bowl Then add all of the rest of the ingredients, sunflower seeds, pumpkin, cucumber, diced celery- leaves into a mixing bowl. Dice your apple and squeeze lemon juice all over the apples to prevent them from oxidising. Add the apple to the bowl. Add your chopped mint, dill, zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste the quinoa mix and adjust seasoning if need be.
How to cook sea bass
- This is a great way on how to cook sea bass. In a large saute pan add 2 tbsp of oil. Season the sea bass with salt on both sides. Cook the fish for 5-6 minutes only on the one side. When you see the fish is almost cooked on the fillet side then flip it over for 30 seconds, then take out of the pan. Immediately add the stick of butter and allow it to brown. Once browned, add the grapes and a little lemon juice. Season with salt and place the fish back in the pan and spoon the sauce overtop the fish. To plate place a ring mold on the plate and fill it with your quinoa salad. Pressing down to compact it then lift the ring away. Add some micro greens on top of the salad. Take the fish out of the pan and place on the plate. Add some of the pumpernickel bread crumbs on top of the bass. Spoon a little more sauce and grapes on top. Serve and enjoy!