- 2 muscovy duck breast skin scored
- 3 tbsp cilantro oil
- salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno sliced with seeds
- 1 sm bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Eggplant potato puree
- 1 large eggplant peeled and diced
- 1 large yukon potato (A size)
- 1 tsp each of fresh thyme and oregano
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sm leek washed, sliced 1/8 inch thick, and blanched
- 2 each portobellos sliced
Calories: 205kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 25gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 754mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 86IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 6mg
How to make eggplant potato puree
- Place peeled eggplant and potato in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and then turn down and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Strain off the water and then add thyme, oregano, and butter to the eggplant and potatoes. With a hand blender or food processor puree the vegetables until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, set aside and keep warm.
How to make cilantro oil (marinade)
- Place all the ingredient in a vitamix blender and puree for 30-45 seconds. Remove from the blender and place in container until needed.
How to cook muscovy duck
- Remove the duck breast from the carcass if you happen to have the whole duck. Score the skin of the duck breast and marinate the duck for at least 1 hour in the cilantro-jalapeno oil. When you are ready to cook the breast take a medium hot pan and place the duck skin side down in the pan. Allow to cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes. You want to render that fat down as much as possible. The fat will start to accumulate in the pan and you can pour some of the excess fat into a heat proof container. About 17 minutes into the cooking process I added sliced portobellos to the pan and allowed them to cook in the duck fat. Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes on each side and then season them with salt and pepper. Once the duck breast skin has rendered all the way down flip the duck breast over for 1 minute and allow to cook. Then take out and allow to rest for at least 8 minutes.