Lamb and sauce
- 2 lamb loins cleaned of any fat
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 Anaheim chile with seeds removed
- 1 large cup hot coffee
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves (or cilantro works well)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 yellow wax potatoes sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cups duck fat or vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup purslane
- 1 red radish sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coarse ground cocoa nibs
Calories: 571kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 6gFat: 108gSaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 533mgPotassium: 948mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 30IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg
For the Sauce
- Pour the coffee, garlic cloves, tarragon, sugar, and anaheim peppers into a vitamix. Puree until smooth. Then pour into a pot and bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch-water slurry to thicken. Turn down to small simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Strain into a bowl. Place the bowl in an ice bath and chill completely.
For the Lamb
- Place the lamb into a cryovac bag with 3 tbsp of the coffee sauce. Add the butter and seal tight. Place the lamb in a sous vide water bath at 140 degrees. Cook for 20-25 minutes. Then take out and let it rest.
For the confit potatoes
- Place potatoes in a pot with all the ingredients and fill with duck fat or (oil). Bring the pot barely to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are just done. Set aside and keep warm.
- Take the lamb out of the cryovac bag and season with salt and pepper. Then coat the top of the lamb with coarse ground cocoa nibs. In a hot sauté pan with a tsp of oil and sear the lamb for 1 minute on each side. Take out and let it rest while you plate the rest of the dish. Place a spoonful of sauce down on the plate. Take the sliced potatoes out of the oil and using a cookie cutter punch out 3 small rounds for each serving. Season with salt and place on the plate with sliced radish and purslane. Drizzle with a little bit of the duck fat or oil on top. Then take the lamb loins and cut each in half. (this give you 4 portions) Place the loins on top of the sauce. Serve and enjoy!