- 2 tbsp kimchi paste
- 1 cup veganaise or mayo
Kimchi (if you don't want to buy the paste)
- 2 lbs napa cabbage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 6 tbsp korean chili flakes
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 1/2 cup daikon radish julienned
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sea salt
Sodium: 3050mgCalcium: 100mgVitamin C: 31mgVitamin A: 1811IUSugar: 2gFiber: 3gPotassium: 383mgCalories: 182kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 15gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 1mg
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Adjust seasoning with salt if need be. Set aside until you are ready to use.
- In a bowl add your cabbage, daikon radish, and green onions. Then using gloves add the rest of the ingredients and massage and crunch together for 5 minutes making sure everything is completely and thoroughly mixed. Then place into a one quart jar making sure everything is well packed inside the jar (you want to make sure the liquid is completely covering the vegetables). Leaving about an inch from the top of the jar. If you have a weight you can place a small piece of parchment paper on top of the vegetables and then place a weight on top of the parchment insuring the liquid stays above the vegetables. Place the lid on top of the kimchi and allow to ferment for at least 7 days. You want to “burp” jar every other day as pressure will build up and to release some of the gases. The longer you allow to ferment the more intense the flavor. If you want to make the puree just take a cup of the kimchi and puree with a stick blender.