- 7 whole heirloom tomatoes
- 2 whole cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 whole shallot
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1 slice sourdough bread (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado parisienne scoops
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup yellow teardrop tomatoes blanched and peeled
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sourdough croutons
- cilantro flowers rosemary flowers
Calories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 139mgPotassium: 499mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1196IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
How to make gazpacho soup
- Simply add water, tomatoes, cucumbers, shallot, garlic, and jalapeno to a vitamix blender. Puree for 30 seconds first on low and then on high. Add the vinegar and good tbsp of salt. Puree again for a minute. Then while the blender is on drizzle in the olive oil. Stop and check the seasoning. Adjust the salt if need be and or vinegar. You shouldn't need any pepper because of the spiciness from the jalapeno, raw garlic, and vinegar. I like mine a little thick but if you need to add a little water then do so. The gazpacho should be nice and smooth. Place in the refrigerator to get cold. ( about an hour or two) I think the soup actually gets better the next day but you can use it later on.
How to make croutons
- I served the soup with paper thin sliced sourdough croutons. Simply take 6 slices of bread and place in a large saute pan on medium low heat with 2 tbsp of melted butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Cook the bread slowly for about 3 to 4 minutes on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Alternatively, to make diced croutons do the same but dice the bread and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. I actually made both so that is why I'm including both options. The key is to have crunchy bread that is what gives a lot of texture and flavor while you are eating the soup.
For the garnishes and to finish
- Blanch yellow tomatoes by scoring the skin with a knife on the bottom of the tomato. Then place in boiling salted water for 15 seconds. Strain out and submerge in a ice bath to stop the cooking. The skin of the yellow tomatoes should come right off. Drain and dry the tomatoes. Place the cherry tomatoes and yellow tomatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt. Place them around a bowl. Then take your avocados and season with salt and place them around the bowl. Add your cucumbers and flowers to garnish. Then place the soup into a gravy boat and when you serve your guess your can pour the soup at the table. You can then add your bread or serve it on the side. Finish the soup with a tbsp of olive oil, serve and enjoy!