- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 cup vegenaise
- 1 splash lemon or sherry vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 each Beets red and yellow
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 large avocado melon ball scoop (parisienne)
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds
- 2 heads little gem lettuce
- 2 tbsp white balsamic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup upland cress
Calories: 464kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 8gFat: 68gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 1306mgPotassium: 1325mgFiber: 12gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 27687IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 209mgIron: 6mg
How to roast beets
- Turn your oven or grill on 400 degrees. Take 3 tbsp of olive oil and drizzle over the red beets. Season with salt and place them in the oven or grill. Roast for about 1 hour roughly, until they are tender all the way through.Use a cake tester to check the doneness. Don't worry about the outside of the beets getting a little burnt if you are grilling them. Take the beets out of the oven or grill and allow to cool. Once cool you can peel some of the burnt outer skin off if desired. If not, leave it on, it will taste really delicious with a roasted flavor.
How to make tarragon aioli
- In a vitamix (I love my vitamix because it is so versatile, quick and easy to clean. Perfect for hot or cold recipes, I would label it as an essential for any kitchen) , place vegenaise, tarragon, and a splash of acid. Puree for 30 seconds. Season with salt and place in a container until ready to use.
To finish the salad
- Take your beets and cut them in half, then slice them about 1/4 inch thick and season them with salt. In a bowl add sliced strawberries, white balsamic, and little gem lettuce. Toss everything and season with salt and pepper. Then on the plate add a spoonful of tarragon aioli and smear it across the plate. Add slices of beets in a artistic fashion. Add strawberries, lettuce, and avocado as well. Finish with marcona almonds, upland cress and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
WHEN YOU COOK AND TAKE A PICTURE, TAG POST #SALTVANILLA