Corvina with Tomato Ssamjang and artichoke
- 1 lb corvina cut into 4 oz pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
Tomato ssamjang sauce
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 4 whole heirloom tomatoes
- 3 each garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp ssamjang
- 4 tbsp butter (optional)
- 5 baby artichokes (see recipe)
- 1/3 cup mustard frill to garnish
Sodium: 2068mgCalcium: 330mgVitamin C: 84mgVitamin A: 8055IUSugar: 36gFiber: 33gPotassium: 1404mgCholesterol: 10mgCalories: 481kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 7gProtein: 28gCarbohydrates: 95gIron: 9mg
How to make Artichoke Barigoule
- Take the artichokes and pull off the outer tough leaves (wearing gloves helps you not to get pricked). Then take a paring knife, cut off the tops and trim the bottoms of the green outer skin trying to keep the stem intact. Trim the stems as well of all the green tough skin. Immediately take one half of a lemon and wipe the artichoke all over to stop the oxidation process. Place in a pot filled with water, white wine, and 1 lemon juiced. Continue until you have all the artichokes peeled. Then add the rest of the ingredients along with salt. Take a piece of parchment paper and cut a large square. Then fold it over in half and then in half again. Then fold it diagonally into a triangle. Then fold two more times continuing the triangle. Then cut the point of the triangle off and cut around the outer edge to fit the size of the pot. Open the paper up (This is called a Cartouche), the paper should be a round circle that fits inside the pot with a whole in the middle of the paper. This is basically a lid for the artichokes to keep them submerged under the water. Bring the pot up to a slowly to simmer, where the water is just barely bubbling. Cook the artichokes until they are just tender all the way through. Test the artichoke with a cake tester to check the doneness. Take off the heat and let the artichokes cool to room temp.
How to make Tomato Ssamjang Sauce
- Preheat grill until hot. Then take your tomatoes and char them good so they have a nice blackened exterior. Then place the tomatoes in a small pot with water and ssamjang. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 15-20 minutes and then puree in a vitamix. While the blender is running add the butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt if need be. Set aside and keep warm.
How to cook corvina
- In a saute pan on medium high heat add oil. Season the corvina with salt on both sides and place fillet side down in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes on that side and then add the butter. Meanwhile in a large saute pan heat your artichokes up until hot. At this point turn the fish over and cook for 1 minute and then take out of the pan. Place a spoonful tomato sauce on the plate. Add the artichokes next to it. Place the fish on top of the sauce and garnish with mustard greens. Serve and enjoy!