The yellow pepper romesco sauce, is typically, a quick sauce that is made with tomatoes, almonds, olive oil, and peppers. This is one of my go to sauces because not only the flavor but the amount of time it takes to make it usually within a few minutes.The sauce originated in region of Catalonia, Spain. This recipe is very forgiving and all kinds of variations can be made depending on the substitutions with the type of peppers, type of nuts or seeds, the amount of spice, even the type of oils.
A jar of roasted peppers is always a great pantry item to have in your back pocket because of the times when you have a piece of fish, or chicken, or need a sauce for vegetables this is one you can always turn to in a pinch. Here is the recipe for yellow pepper romesco sauce, I hope you enjoy it!
Yellow Pepper Romesco Sauce
Yellow Pepper Romesco
- 4 each yellow peppers roasted, peeled, and deseeded or (1 jar of yellow roasted pepper drained)
- 1 each red jalapeno pepper (stem removed, sliced whole with seeds )
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup marcona almonds (or regular)
- 1 oz manchego cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 each yellow tomatoes roasted (optional) (I didn't use it in this recipe )
How to make yellow pepper romesco sauce
Place all the ingredients into a vitamix except for the olive oil and salt. Puree all the ingredients for 30 seconds and then drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and set aside.