Try Ravioli al uovo recipe with egg and ricotta!
This is a fun ravioli if you love over easy or poached eggs with a runny yolk. Some people, like my wife, don’t really care for the runny yolk. If you do and you have never tried this before it is definitely awesome!
I first heard about this special ravioli over 14 years ago now when I was cooking for a couple who had just been to Italy and had tried this dish. They told me how delicious it was as the yolk makes a sauce for the pasta.
Make the pasta easily with the Kitchenaid attachment
Similar flavors to the carbonara minus the bacon. The only trick to making these ravioli’s is having both pasta dough and making sure that you make a “nest” of ricotta so you can place the yolk a little down in the next.
These are delicate because of the obvious, that you don’t want your yolk to break. Here is the ravioli with egg yolk recipe I hope you enjoy it!
How to make Raviolo al Uovo
- 3 cups flour 00 is good
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 splash water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup spinach cooked, drained, and pureed
- 1 splash water if need be
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ricotta
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 2 oz asiago optional
- 1 cup spinach cooked and drained
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 3 tbsp chives
- 1 oz parmesan
How to make the Ravioli Cheese Filling
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and place into a plastic pastry bag.
How to make basic pasta
- Place 3 cups of flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add eggs, yolks, water, and salt. With a fork stir the egg mixture until it starts to form a ball of dough. Then use your hands to form the dough. Add more flour if the dough is wet. Knead the pasta for 5 minutes and then cover and rest for at least 30 minutes.
How to make spinach pasta
- Use the same ingredients and technique except add the spinach puree Take your basic pasta and cut in half. Leave one half covered while you work with the other half. Take the half of the pasta with a rolling pin and roll until the dough is thin enough to fit inside the biggest setting on your pasta machine ( I use the kitchenaid attachment). Then run the pasta all the way down to the lowest setting twice. Dusting the dough with flour if it is too wet. Repeat the same steps with your spinach pasta. Then on the third time you want to roll each the egg and spinach pasta thin enough to feed the pasta machine. But before you feed it the third time you want to cut each dough in half lengthwise. T ake one half of the egg pasta and half of the spinach pasta and carefully pinch them together to make one dough. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough. can you buy zolpidem in italy https://www.livermedic.com/ buy ambien pills online Take your mixed pasta dough, the egg pasta and the spinach pasta, through the first setting of the pasta machine. Continue all the way down to 6. Then cut your pasta sheet in half.
How to make ravioli al uovo
One the first sheet of pasta, using your pastry bag, pipe the cheese mixture in a circular motion to make a nest of ricotta cheese. You want it to be a little hollow in the center. This is where you gentle put your egg yolk on top of the next so it sinks down a little bit. Continue until you have 8 “nest” with egg yolks on top. Spray or brush water on the ends of the pasta. Then take your second sheet of pasta place on top of each nest. I use flip over large round cookie cutter to help shape, and push out air pockets of the ravioli. Carefully seal each ravioli. Then using a pasta cutter cut square ravioli and place them on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. It should look something like this
Place your raviolo al uovo pasta in salted boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until they float to the top. Strain off and place in the saute pan with a little bit of pasta water and butter. Cook to emulsify the butter into the water and pasta. Season with salt. Place four on a plate and top with toasted bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and chives. Serve and enjoy!