- 1 lb hamachi
- 1 oz shiso
- 2 each thai chiles
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1 whole orange juiced and zested
- 2 whole lemons juiced and zested
- 3 whole limes juiced and zested
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 700 g tomatoes
- 1 tbsp koji (liquid)
- 1 salt if needed
- 2 whole green zebra tomatoes
- 3 whole indigo tomatoes quartered
- 4 whole cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 whole yellow tomatoes halved
- 1 cup baby yellow tomatoes roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 10 whole grapes sliced thin
- 1/3 cup chinese celery chopped
- 1 pinch sansho pepper
- 8 oz beech mushrooms
- 1/2 cup black vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 tsp sambal
Calories: 202kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 18gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 248mgPotassium: 822mgFiber: 3gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 1314IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg
For the pickled mushrooms,
- Place all of the ingredients into a pot except for the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Place the mushrooms in a heat proof container. Once the liquid comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved pour over the mushrooms. Place a lid over it and allow it to come to room temperature. This is better if it is made at least a day ahead of time.
For the Tomato Water
- Juice tomatoes in a vegetable juicer. Then take juice and place in a pot, heat over low heat. Simmer for 15 min until solids separate from the liquid. Remove from heat skim the pulp from the top. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer that is lined with cheese cloth or coffee filter. You should be left with a clear tomato broth. Place in an ice bath until completely cooled. Then season with liquid koji and salt if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,Place yellow tomatoes in a small roasting pan with olive oil, salt, and rosemary. Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing them periodically. Take out and let them cool to room temperature.
For the Shiso Kosho
- In a small food processor place, shiso, chili's, jalapeno, garlic, and zest. Pulse for 30 seconds. Then place the contents into a mixing bowl. Then add the juice from all the fruit, sesame oil, and white soy. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Take chives and blanch for 15 seconds and then place in an ice bath. Drain chives and place in a blender with oil. Blend until completely pureed, then strain through a fine mesh strainer naturally without pushing the pulp with a spoon or ladle. Then place in a squirt bottle until ready to use.
- Place diced hamachi in a small bowl and season with 1 tbsp of rice koji. Then take all of the heirloom tomatoes except the roasted ones and place in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and olive oil. Place 5 to 6 pieces of hamachi in a bowl. Add a tiny pinch sansho, and of shiso kosho on top of each piece of hamachi. Place different heirlooms around the bowl. Add two pieces of roasted tomatoes to each bowl. Add the sliced grapes to each hamachi. Place pickled mushrooms around the bowl. Add the tomato water. Drizzle chive oil around the bowl. Finish with chive flowers and micro arugula. Serve and enjoy!