- 4 aji amarillo roasted and peeled or 1/2 cup of puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 crackers
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese fine ground or parmesean
- 2 tbsp huacatay leaves or cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 3 large white sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb sunchokes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 whole hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup fava chips
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chili oil
Calories: 387kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 9gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 674mgPotassium: 1047mgFiber: 7gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 24335IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 223mgIron: 4mg
For the Sunchokes
- Preheat wood oven to 400 degreesIn a bowl toss sunchokes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the wood oven for 30 minutes. Then take the pan out of the oven and set aside.
For the Sweet Potato
- In a bowl toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast in a wood oven for 1 hour. Then take the pan out of the oven and set aside.
- Place huacatay leaves, roasted chiles, evaporated milk, into a vitamix. Puree until smooth and then add crackers, cheese. Season with salt and puree until smooth and a little thick. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and set aside.
Hard boiled eggs
- Place eggs in a small pot and fill with cold water covering the eggs completely. Bring to a boil and then boil for 4 1/2 minutes. Turn off and drain the water and run cool water on the eggs. When they are cool enough to touch, peel the eggs and quarter them.
- Take sweet potato and cut 1/2 inch thick pieces and place two slices on the plate. Season with a pinch of salt on top of each sweet potato. Add a few pieces of sunchokes next to potato. Add the huancaina sauce all over the vegetables. Finish with hard boiled eggs, cilantro, chili oil, and fava chips. Serve and Enjoy!