- 1 lb black cod
- cherry and maple wood chips
Green Onion Mayo
- 3 bunches spring onions grilled green only
- 1 cup mayo or veganaise
Yuzu Kosho Ponzu
- 1 orange zested and half of it juiced
- 1 lime zested and half of it juiced
- 1 lemon zested and half of it juiced
- 1 large jalapeño small diced
- 4 white bottoms of spring onion sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp Serrano purée or fresh Serrano
- 1/4 cup white soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds toasted
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 large purple radish sliced thin
- 2 avocados sliced
- Young lambs quarters leaves
- pistachio oil
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 16gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 2189mgPotassium: 749mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 419IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 2mg
How to make citrus kosho ponzu
- Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and season with salt. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
How to make charred onion aioli
- Take spring onion tops and toss with a little oil and salt. Place on the grill for 5 minutes until they soften and turn slightly charred. Take off the grill and place in the vitamix with mayo. Puree until smooth and season with salt. Place in a squirt bottle and set aside.
How to smoke black cod
- Season the black cod (leave the skin on) with salt on the fillet side. Then get the stove top smoker out and fill with cherry, and apple wood chips (few pinches of each). Place the rack inside the smoker and place the tray on top of the rack. I like to place a piece of foil or parchment paper on the tray to make it easier to clean. Place the black cod on the foil or parchment so the skin is on the foil (fillet up facing you). Place the lid on or wrap the smoker with foil. On medium low heat (because you don't want the black cod to cook too hard and fast) smoke the cod for about 12-14 minutes depending on how thick the fish. Then turn off the heat and let the black cod stay in the smoker another 5 minutes.
- Take the smoked cod and allow the cod to flake naturally with the grain of the fish (this should happen very easily because of the fat and flakiness of the fish). Take 3 oz of the fish and place on each bowl. Season with a pinch of salt. Then Add sliced avocado on top of the fish. Season the avocado with salt and spoon over a spoonful of ponzu over the fish and avocado. Then take roughly 5 slices of radish and season with salt. Place on top of the avocado and fish. Add another spoonful of ponzu on top. Then add some onion aioli on top of each radish. Finish with lambs quarters, another spoonful of ponzu and pistachio oil around the plate. Serve and enjoy!