- 3 small baby cabbages blanched twice and then grilled
Fennel Orange Pureé
- 1 fennel sliced
- 1 leek white only sliced
- 1 tangerine zested
- 1 1/2 cup tangerine juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 cup pistachios roasted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp Anchovy paste (store bought, or make your own)
- 1/4 cup cabbage microgreens
- 2 tbsp chive blossoms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Espelette or Cayenne Pepper
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 9gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 295mgPotassium: 682mgFiber: 4gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1871IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 172mgIron: 2mg
For the Cabbage
- Blanch the cabbages whole for 3-4 minutes in pot of salted boil water. Then take out using a skimmer or slotted spoon and cool. Then cut in half and blanch again for 3-4 minutes. Take our and place face down on a plate. When cooled completely then oil lightly, season with salt, and grill for 2-3 minutes just to give it a little grill and smoky flavor. Set aside to cool.
For the Pistachio Butter
- Place pistachios, cream, and milk in a pot. Bring to a boil and then turn down to light simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes and strain out the liquid. Place the pistachios into a blender with the parsley leaves. Add roughly 1/3 cup of liquid back into the blender. Blend until completely smooth, you might need to add more liquid if it is too thick. Season with salt and place in a squirt bottle.
How to make Fennel Orange Puree
- In a small sauce pot on medium heat add 2 tbsp of butter and olive oil. Add the leek, fennel, and 2 pinches of salt to the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes allow the vegetables to cook but not brown. Then add your zest and tangerine juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 3 minutes. Then place everything into a vitamix or blender and puree until smooth. I added a little more butter and olive oil to smooth out the sauce and make it a little richer. Season with salt. and set aside to cool. When room temperature pour the sauce into a squirt bottle.
- Place cabbage in the oven on a sheet pan for 3-5 minutes just to warm up. Take out and add dots of pistachio, fennel puree, and anchovy paste all over the cabbage. The anchovy should just be small amounts because of the strong flavor. Then drizzle the cabbage with olive oil. Garnish with micro cabbage, chive blossoms, and espelette or cayenne chile powder. Serve and enjoy!