- 4 large organic Yukon potatoes
Red Curry Sauce
- 1 finger ginger sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 3 limes (Kaffir lime leaves if you have them)
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4 oz red curry paste
- 2 1/2 oz palm sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce optional
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of each fresh Thai basil, mint, cilantro leaves
Black Garlic Mayo
- 2 bulbs black garlic peeled
- 1 cup mayo
- !/4 cup micro cilantro, chopped chives, and radish greens (How to make vegetable ash see here)
Calories: 516kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 5gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 274mgPotassium: 657mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 3182IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 5mg
For the Red Curry Sauce
- In small sauce pot on medium heat add sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cinnamon stick, red pepper, star anise and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 10 minutes without browning. Then add sugar and red curry paste and cook for 1 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Then add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat, add fish sauce and your herbs to steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, keep warm until ready to use. You might need to adjust the seasoning with a pinch of salt.
For the Black Garlic Mayo
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt. Place into a squeeze bottle until ready to use.
For the Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degreesTake potato and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Cook potatoes for about 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. Take out and let them rest.
- Simply take the potato and cut it into 1-inch-thick pieces and heat up again in the oven. Take out the potato and spread the top with black garlic aioli then place it in the bottom of the bowl. Add some hot red curry sauce around the potato. Add chives, cilantro, and radish greens on top. Dust with the whole plate with ash Serve and enjoy this sweet and spicy vegetarian dish!