- 1 lb fillet of Kona sliced thin
- 1 Fuji Apple brunoise
- 2 red radish brunoise
- 3 tbsp fried garlic
- 2 tbsp anise hyssop flowers
Sweet/Spicy Jalapeño Dressing
- 4 jalapeño brunoise
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic
- 2 tbsp shio koji (clear liquid)
Calories: 170kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 14gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 56mgPotassium: 406mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 168IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg
For the Dressing
- Simple place water, jalapeño, and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolve and the liquid has thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
For the Koji Dressing
- In a small bowl place sesame oil, white balsamic, and shio koji. Mix well.
- Place 5 slices of the Kona on each plate. Season lightly with salt. Spoon some of the jalapeño glaze over each slice of fish (including the brunoise pieces of jalapeño). Then add the diced apple and radish on top of the fish. Spoon the Koji dressing all over everything. Then top the whole dish with the toasted garlic, chives, and anise hyssop flowers. Serve and enjoy!