Tomato “salad” hearts of palm, porcini and chrysanthemum
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes roasted
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato sliced
- 1 large red radish sliced thin
- 1/2 cucumber shaved on mandolin
- 1 cup sourdough croutons
- 1 porcini shaved
- Mint leaves, radish flowers, chive flowers
Hearts of palm
- 8 1 inch pieces of fresh hearts of palm
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb chrysanthemum blanched
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- pinch salt
- 6 large tomatoes heirloom
Calories: 349kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 474mgPotassium: 292mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 863IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
How to make tomato water
- Juice tomatoes in a vegetable juicer. Then take juice and place in a pot, heat over medium high heat. Simmer for 8 minutes until solids separate from the liquid and tomato start foam at the top. You can take a perforated spoon to scoop out the foam. Then strain through a fine mesh strainer that is lined with cheesecloth or coffee filter. You should be left with a clear tomato water. Then season with salt, chill completely until needed.
For the Hearts of palm
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for roughly 20 minutes or until the hearts of palm are tender. (Time really depends on how thick and big the palms are). Once tender allow to cool to room temperature and you can pour all the liquid into a container to keep and preserve the hearts of palm.
For the Chrysanthemum oil
- Place blanched chrysanthemum leaves and oil together in a vitamix and puree for 45 seconds. Then pour into a chinos and let it strain without pushing the pulp through the chinos ( let it drip that way you don't get any of the pulp in your oil).
- Take a one slice of yellow heirloom tomato and place in the bottom of each bowl. Season with a pinch of salt. Add slices of hearts of palm around the bowl. Add the roasted cherry tomatoes, the sliced porcini, and radish the bowl. Ladle 2 oz of tomato water to the bowl. Finish with herbs, flowers, and croutons. Serve and enjoy!