- 1 lb red snapper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion or shallot brunoise
- 1/3 cup each red, yellow, orange bell pepper brunoise
- 1/4 cup jalapeno brunoise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tbsp salt plus more if need be
- 2 tbsp dill and micro greens
Calories: 124kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 16gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1564mgPotassium: 382mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 641IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 1mg
How to make escabeche
- In a small pot add all the vinegars, juice from the capers, and 1 tbsp of salt. bring to boil. Meanwhile place all the vegetables, capers, garlic in to a heat proof bowl. Once the vinegar comes to a boil and the salt is dissolved pour the vinegar over all the vegetables. Then add the oil and probably another tsp or two of salt. Let it cool completely and then add chopped dill.
- I took store bought sardines and emptied them out of the fish, washed them and used them as my plate. Place 4 to 5 pieces of snapper in the bottom of the tin. Season them with salt. Then take spoonfuls of the escabeche and spoon all over the fish. Top with micro greens and dill. Side note: the longer you leave the escabeche on the fish the more it changes the texture (not a bad thing) from the vinegar. I would say to let it sit at least 5 minutes before you serve it that way the flavors can marinate together, but you can wait as long as an hour or more if you would like. Serve and enjoy!