For the Vegetables
- 2 cups edamame blanched
- 1 cup fresh coconut small diced
- 1 cup celery small diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeno sauce
- 1/3 cup spring onions sliced thin
- 3 x-large avocados
- 1/4 cup nasturtium leaves
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Calories: 129kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 660mgPotassium: 391mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 235IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 2mg
For the vegetables
- For the edamame, boil frozen beans for 2-3 minutes in a pot of salted water until the edamame are tender. Strain off and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Place small diced celery and fresh coconut in bowl. Strain off the edamame and add to the bowl. Season the vegetables with the jalapeno sauce and salt. Mix well with a spoon until all the ingredients are combined.
- Cut the avocados in half, scoop out and place on each plate. Season with salt and spoon the vegetables inside the avocado and around it. Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with nasturtiums and celery leaves. Optional could be a squeeze of lime as well. Serve and enjoy this delicious appetizer!