- 2 whole egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 drop coconut concentrate oil
Mascarpone lime white chocolate mousse
- 125 g white chocolate
- 3.5 g powder gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 lime zested
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 1/2 agar
- 1 pineapple roasted peeled, and diced
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup glucose
- 1/2 cup inverted sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 oz dehydrated pineapple ground into powder
- 2 oz dried pineapple slices
- 2 oz coconut chips
- 2 whole ginger snap cookies crumbled
- 8 pieces pineapple cut into rounds that have been caramelized in a pan with butter
Calories: 540kcalCarbohydrates: 122gProtein: 5gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 62mgPotassium: 346mgFiber: 4gSugar: 102gVitamin A: 193IUVitamin C: 75mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 1mg
For the Vacherin
- Place egg whites in stand mixer bowl. Whip egg whites to soft peaks then add sugar in a steady stream. Add coconut drops and whip until shiny stiff peaks are achieved. Take 12 2 inch rectangle pieces of acetate paper and lay flat on the table. Then take the meringue and with an off set spatula spread a small lay of meringue on the acetate paper. Then fold or roll into tube shape with the meringue being on the inside of the tube and the acetate being on the outside. The ends or seams of the vacherin (tube or acetate paper) should just come together but not overlap. Then take a piece of tape and place on the outside of the acetate to hold the seams together. Place on a sheet pan standing up right and bake at 225 for 1 1/2-2 hrs or until completely dried.
For the Lime Gel
- Put all the ingredients in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil stirring consistently and cook for 5-7 minutes. Then pour gel into a half sheet pan or baking dish. Place in the refrigerator until the agar has set. Then take a knife and cut the set gel into sections. Place it all into a vitamix and puree until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle and set aside until ready to use.
For the Pineapple Gel
- Put all the ingredients in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil stirring consistently and cook for 5-7 minutes. Then pour gel into a half sheet pan or baking dish. Place in the refrigerator until the agar has set. Remove the jalapeno and discard. Then take a knife and cut the set gel into sections. Place it all into a vitamix and puree until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle and set aside until ready to use.
For the Mousse
- Bloom gelatin in 2 tbsp of water. Place white chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Take coconut milk and bring to a boil and pour over white chocolate, and stir until smooth. Add mascarpone and whisk until smooth. Warm gelatin until it has melted and then pour into the mixture along with the zest. Stir until everything is completely smooth. Chill until the mixture is cool (10-20 min), then transfer to a pastry bag. Take the vacherin meringue tubes and fill each one with the white chocolate mousse. Smooth the ends with an off set spatula. Then place in the freezer until ready to serve.
For the Pineapple Sorbet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,Place a whole pineapple on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Meanwhile place the rest of the ingredients in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes and then turn off the heat. Take out the pineapple and cool. Then peel the pineapple, dice it, and place it in a vita mix. Pour rest of the ingredients from the pot over top the pineapple in the blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and chill in an ice bath. Then once cold, spin in a ice cream maker and reserve in the freezer until ready to use.
For the Caramel Sauce
- Place butter and brown sugar in a sauce pot over medium high heat. Once melted add the rum and flambé. Add the cream once the alcohol has burned off. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and keep warm.
- Take Vacherin out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Take dehydrated pineapple that has been powdered and dust vacherin with it. To the plate add pineapple gel, in the middle add caramel sauce. Add cookie crumble to one side of the caramel sauce. Add a quenelle of sorbet on top of the cookie. Place caramelized pineapple rounds to the plate. Add vacherin to the plate and garnish with lime gel, dried pineapple, and coconut chips. Serve and enjoy!
WHEN YOU COOK AND TAKE A PICTURE, TAG POST #SALTVANILLA