- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 3 tbsp za'atar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup beldi olives or kalamata
- 1/3 cup cream
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 splash lemon juice or sherry vinegar
Calories: 242kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 25gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 897mgPotassium: 496mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 426IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 3mg
How to make a chicken roulade
- If you have a sous vide machine set the water bath temperature to 132 degrees. If you don't have a machine, get a pot of water on low and try to manage the water temperature around 132 degrees.For the chicken see the video below. Lay the chicken on a piece of plastic wrap. Butterfly the chicken and then place another piece of plastic on top. Then pound the chicken into a thin fillet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breast. Then discard the top plastic wrap. Season the chicken aggressively with za'atar spice. Season lightly with salt on the same side of chicken as well. Then roll the breast up and tie with butcher’s twine about 5 -6 times. Repeat the process until all are done. Place the chicken into a plastic cryovac bag, add butter into the bag with the chicken. Seal the bag with no air and place into the water bath. Sous vide for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. The take out and let it rest for at least 15 min
How to make olive sauce
- Place olives and wine in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook until 1/4 of the wine is left and then add the cream. Bring the cream to a boil and then turn down and simmer for 2 minutes. Place everything into the vitamix and puree until smooth. While the sauce is blending add butter to emulsify the sauce. Finish the sauce with a touch of lemon or sherry vinegar. The sauce shouldn’t need any salt because of the olives are very salty.
- Take the sous vide chicken out of the bag and lightly season with salt on the outside of the chicken. Place a hot saute pan or cast iron on high. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and butter if you desire to the pan. Add the sous vide chicken to the pan and brown for 2 minutes on each side of the chicken rolling the chicken over until you have a nice brown crust on the outside of the chicken. Then take the chicken out of the pan and rest on your cutting board. Cut the string away from the chicken and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken in 1 inch pieces and then top with the olive sauce. Serve and enjoy!