- 1 x-large Cauliflower (or 2 small) 1/2 the head sliced 1/4 inch thick Other half juiced in vegetable juicer (1 cup)
- 4 oz beech mushrooms
- 1 whole shallot
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp white truffle chopped (or oil or both)
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Calories: 50kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 106mgPotassium: 15mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 215IUCalcium: 20mg
For the Cauliflower sauce (foam)
- In a small sauce pot add 3/4 cup of Cauliflower juice, 2 tbsp of butter, cream, pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Add truffle oil and taste the broth, adjust the seasoning if need be. Set aside and keep warm until ready
For the Cauliflower
- In a medium-hot saute pan add olive oil, 1 tbsp of butter, shallots, and mushroom. Saute for about 2 minutes and then add the Cauliflower. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the flavors of everything and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the veg stock and 1/4 cup of cauliflower juice cover and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be just done, not crunchy, and not mushy but just done. You might need another minute or two depending on the amount of cauliflower and size.
- Place cauliflower and mushrooms in a bowl and pour some of the broth in the bottom of the bowl. Take a hand blender and froth the cauliflower sauce. You do that by sticking a hand blender and frothing just the top of the sauce by tilting the pot on its side. Just think of milk foam for coffee. If you are having a hard time getting good foam you can add a splash of water and a little more butter. Skimming just the top of the sauce to get the foam and pouring it around the bowl. Garnish with fresh herbs and drizzle of truffle oil. Serve and enjoy!