- 1 8oz burrata store bought or recipe here
- 1 ripe Hachiya persimmon
- 1 firm fuyu persimmon
- 5 tsp salt
- 6 fresh cayenne peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- mache and flowers to garnish
Calories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 3046mgPotassium: 348mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 713IUVitamin C: 129mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 2mg
For the Fermented Fuyu Persimmons
- On a mandolin slice fuyu persimmons 1/8 inch thick and place in a bowl. Then sprinkle liberally with salt all over the slices and place them in preserve jar (fido) packing them in tight. Place a zip lock bag inside the jar so that the bottom of the bag touches the persimmons. Then fill the bag up with water and close the lid to the jar (the bag acts as the weight to keep) Keep the jar outside in 77 degree temperature for at least 4 days up to 7. Then it's ready to refrigerate.
For the Cayenne Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a vitamix machine except for the olive oil. Puree until smooth and then drizzle in the olive oil.
- On a plate add a little of the cayenne sauce. Then place a small piece of burrata on top of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Then take a little of the fermented fuyu persimmons and place on top. Take a slice of the ripe hachiya persimmon and place on the side. Add a little mache and flowers. Serve with toast and enjoy this sweet, salt, sour, cheesy recipe!