Basic Egg Pasta
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 yolks eggs
- 2 tbsp water warm
- 3 cups 00 flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ricotta
- 4 oz petite basque cheese
- 1 oz parmesan
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1 cup cherries halved and pitted
- 1 stick butter
- 2 oz aged balsamic ( or glaze)
- 1 handful basil leaves
Calories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 19gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 534mgPotassium: 212mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 487IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 342mgIron: 3mg
How to make Cheese Filling for pasta,
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and place into a plastic pastry bag.
How to make Agnolotti Pasta,
- Place 3 cups of flour with in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add eggs, water, and salt. With a fork stir the egg mixture until it starts to form a ball of dough. Then use your hands to form the dough. Add more flour if the dough is wet. Knead the pasta for 5 minutes and then cover and raring Take your pasta and cut in half. Leave one half covered while you work with the other half. Take the half of the pasta with a rolling pin and roll until the dough is thin enough to fit inside the biggest setting on your pasta machine ( I use the kitchenaid attachment). Then run the pasta all the way down to the lowest setting twice. Dusting the dough with flour if it is too wet. Then on the third time run it down to the second to last setting. Again, Use a little flour for dusting. You should have long sheets at this point. Using your pastry bag pipe the cheese mixture along the bottom of the pasta leaving about a 1/2 inch from the edge. Run it along the whole length of the pasta sheet leaving about an inch or two at the ends (one long tube of filling). Then take a pastry brush or spray bottle of water and brush the top portion of the pasta sheet. Take the bottom part pasta closest to the filling and roll over to the brushed top portion. You should now have a long tube like pasta running all the way down the length of the pasta. Now, at every 1/2 inch use your index fingers and press down with with each index finger to create a little "ravioli" Continue the same thing all the way down the pasta sheet. Then using a pinwheel cutter cut away the excess pasta at the top. Then cut in between each press that you make with your fingers to create each agnolotti. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and extra semolina flour to help prevent sticking. Set aside while you aside while you repeat the same process with the other half of the pasta ball.
How to cook agnolotti,
- Place your pasta in salted boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes until they float to the top. Strain off and place the pasta in the saute with a little (1/2 cup) of the cooking water to the pan along with the butter to make a pan sauce. Season the whole pan with salt and pepper. In a separate pan add cherries to the pan on medium heat and cook for 2 minutes. Then add 1 oz of balsamic to the pan and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Then turn off the heatThen place 5 or so agnolotti on the plate with some of the butter sauce. Add some cherries to the pasta. Drizzle the whole plate with a little more aged balsamic (or glaze). Add a few leaves of basil, serve and enjoy!