- 12 oz beef tenderloin cut into 2 even steaks (6oz each)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded (use fresh if possible)
- 1 oz parmesan cheese peeled with a peeler
- 1/4 cup celery leaves the hearts preferably
- 1/4 cup fennel shaved paper thin
- 2 whole red radish julienned
- 1/4 cup chervil (or parsley)
- 3 tbsp green onion chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole lemon for juice
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup veganaise or mayo
Calories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 19gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 869mgPotassium: 289mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 347IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 287mgIron: 2mg
How to make parmesan crisps
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees,Take a sheet pan with a silpat and cookie round cutter (the cookie cutter can be as big or as small as you would like). Starting in one corner of the sheet pan place your cookie cutter mold. Take a small handful of shredded parmesan cheese and place inside the cookie ring. The cheese should make one smooth layer, it shouldn't be a mound of cheese, light layer with some overlapping but again not a huge mound, (1/8 inch thick). Then leave about an inch inbetween the next one. Move the ring over and continue the same process. You should be able to cook 6-8 parmesan crisps on a half sheet pan. Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Take out and allow to cool and them transfer them to a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Once cooled they should be crunchy like a cracker. Set aside until your ready to use them or place them in a airtight container for later use.
For the beef Carpaccio
- Season the 2 beef steaks heavily with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Sear it quickly (about a minute on each side) on all sides in a hot pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Take out and allow the steak to cool completely.With a sharp knife, slice the meat through the wrap to make thin slices. Remove the plastic and lay out the slices on a new piece of plastic on the counter. Cover the slices with another piece of plastic, so the meat slices are in between two sheets of plastic. With a mallet lightly tap the meat slices to flatten them paper thin, without tearing the meat. (see video on butterfly chicken for technique)Remove all the plastic and place the slices of meat on a plate (I used a large round cookie cutter to make a perfect circle), wrap and refrigerate until time to serve. The slicing and refrigerating should be done in advance for a party.
- In a bowl mix mayo, grey poupon, and salt and put into a squeeze bottle. Uncover the meat and squirt dots of the mustard over the top. In a bowl mix fennel, radish, celery leaves, and chervil. Season with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Line the greens over the meat and top with shaved parmesan and one crisp. Finish the plate with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil. Add capers and a little sea salt. Serve and enjoy!